Academia is not the be all and end all – I enjoy working with diverse private sector clients and have a track record of delivering a range of scientific and computational services, public speaking and expedition advice. I am also a CAA approved and fully insured drone pilot set up to deliver aerial photography, film, mapping and surveys using regular or multispectral cameras. Some recent examples are provided below, but there are no templates – each project is bespoke and can be tailored to your needs.
Some recent projects include:
- Automating the data reporting workflow for a Sheffield City Region initiative that freed up several days per month of costly consultant time.
- Devising programming aptitude tests for a private sector recruitment program
- Designing and delivering training for software engineers at a major commodities broker, focusing on specific Python packages
- Advising a private company on data collection and experimental design for a business intelligence initiative.
- Scientific advice and logistics for documentary film teams
Public Speaking, Outreach and Events:
Some recent engagements include:
- Speaking at National Geographic HQ for the “Nat Geo Nights” series
- Podcasts for Monocle 24
- On-location presenting/filming in Iceland for San Miguel & Greenland for Moncler
- Speaking at the National Geographic Explorer’s Festival in London
- Speaking at the Nouvelles Explorations Festival in Royan, France
- Providing CPD sessions on innovation and project management
- STEM inspiration and mindset talks at several schools from primary to sixth form
- National TV and radio interviews
- Writing and supporting articles for major science and industry magazines
For consultancy, media and media enquiries please contact email@example.com.